How We Do Work
While many general contractors have become more of a construction manager, we have continued to be a true general contractor and still actually 'do work'. We routinely self perform concrete, steel erection, sheet metal, and carpentry work with our own personnel.
As our clients' business footprints have expanded, ours has too. We continue to obtain additional licenses to delight our clients and better serve their needs.
Have a question about where we'll be going next? Contact us!
Before the first shovel hits the ground, we help clients plan and form all facets of their projects. We routinely work with owners in the Preconstruction phase to ensure all project demands are addressed and met. Our preconstruction services include:
Value Analysis/Scope Alternates - In a business climate where every penny counts, we offer clients this service to evaluate materials, design, or construction methods to reduce cost without sacrificing the project's intent and purpose.
Cost Estimates - We can provide clients with conceptual budgeting and preliminary estimating from incomplete designs or fixed cost from full plans and specifications. We often develop a Guaranteed Maximum Price when plans are incomplete and construction schedules are short. We guarantee the cost early on with a fixed fee. All savings that result from design and construction efficiencies are shared with the client.
Project Development - Working closely with the client, we can develop a complete package of project requirements from size of site to a detailed finish schedule.
Design-Build - By working with a selected design team from the beginning, we can offer clients a single source responsibility for both design and construction. This provides the client with the benefits of better budget control and shorter overall completion time.
Site Evaluation - Site evaluation helps envision and prepare for a project's site requirements. This helps to ensure the client's requirements are met, and it avoids costly subsurface or permit problems.
Permitting - With thousands of projects successfully completed, we fully understand and routinely handle the complex requirements and processes involved with permits. We ensure every project is compliant and approved for construction.
Have a question about our preconstruction services? Let us know!
Construction is where we get to do what we do best - DO WORK. Partner with us and you'll experience first-hand how we make the construction experience unlike any other. This is where you get to learn what our past clients already know - that we really are the most user-friendly contractor out there. Our construction services include:
- General Contracting – Whether we are building from plans prepared by the owner or architect or utilizing our in-house design team, we will make your project real. We often perform construction work such as concrete, carpentry, steel erection, and metal roofing and siding with our own forces. By using our skilled craftsmen for these trades, we are able to maintain strict control over the budget and schedule resulting in a more efficient construction project and savings for our clients.
- Safety – The safety of our construction team is the most important part of any project. Daily meetings are held at the beginning of the workday to discuss any potential jobsite hazards. Learn more about Safety at TWF.
- Quality Control – We have always been dedicated to the quality of our finished product as well as the quality of service we provide our clients. We focus on process improvement, customer and supplier involvement, education and training, and teamwork in an effort to achieve customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and defect free work.
- Scheduling – In addition to our state of the art scheduling software, we offer a wealth of historical scheduling data. Our track record of on-time delivery assures that your project will be constructed to meet your timeline.
- Budget Management – Whether your project is a $100,000 Tenant Build-out or a $50 million facility, we want to make certain your money is being spent wisely. As your fiduciary partner, our cost control system is designed to provide accurate management and accounting of funds.
- Want to know more about our construction capabilities? Get in touch with us
T.W. Frierson Contractor, Inc. has been a leader in Design-Build project delivery since the early 80's.
Approximately half of our projects are constructed under the Design-Build process. This single source
responsibility and finished-product accountability provides our clients with the advantages of better
budget control, highly managed quality control, and shorter overall completion time.
The benefits incurred from implementing a well-designed and well-managed Design-Build process include:
- Cost savings
- Time savings
- Quality with best value
- Early knowledge of firm costs
- Improved risk management
- Singular responsibility
- Turnkey delivery
Wondering if a Design-Build project delivery method is the best option for you? Let's talk about it!
Design Systems Builders, Inc.
Design Systems Builders, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of T.W. Frierson Contractor, Inc. and is the company's conduit through which we erect the products and systems engineered and manufactured by Butler Manufacturing, Inc. DSB's proud crews safely erect 1.5 million square feet to 3.0 million square feet of Butler products each year placing our team among the highest producers of Butler products in North America. This consistent performance has led to numerous recognitions as the #1 Volume Builder of the Year. Butler Builder of the Year Video
# 1 Volume Builder of the Year, SE Region, 1992 – 2008, 2010 – 2016
High Performance Builder, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1992 – 2017
Million Dollar Builder, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1992 – 2017
Builder of the Year, North America – 1993, 2003, 2010
Builder of the Year, Southeast – 1992, 2010, 2014, 2015
Metal News Construction, #2 in Nation, S.F. of Pre-Engineered Buildings, 2011
Metal News Construction, #8 in Nation, Amt. of Erected Tons of Steel, 2011
Butler 135 Million Club
Learn more about Design Systems Builders, Inc.
Design Constructors, Inc.
Design Constructors, Inc. is TWF's in-house architectural firm that engages in a wide range of commercial, distribution, industrial, tenant improvement, and site development projects. Having been involved in the Design-Build method of project delivery since 1993, DCi has become an industry leader in the intense collaboration of all Design-Build endeavors. Balancing the critical elements of design qualities, project schedule, and cost to suit the specific criteria of the client is paramount to our purpose. We possess the in-house expertise to coordinate design elements while monitoring the client's needs to maintain stringent control over project delivery and cost. Want to learn more about DCi?